- 250 gr. lentils
- 100 gr. serrano ham
- 2 large carrots
- 1 chorizo
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion
- 3 small potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small glass of virgin olive oil
- 1 small glass of red wine
- 1 pinch of saffron
- A sprig fresh of parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- Soak the lentil for half an hour.
- Cut ham and chorizo into thirds.
- Peel and wash the carrots and potatoes. Slice the carrots and halve the potatoes. Wash and slice finely a small red pepper(optional)
- In a saucepan drain the lentils, add enough water to cover them and add the ham, chorizo, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf, pepper, parsley, saffron, wine and salt to taste. Put the pan over a low heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic, finely sliced and stirring all the time. After one minute, add the sliced red pepper, it adds a slightly sweet flavor to the lentils.
- Let the lentils cook for at least 40 minutes.
- Serve with some kind of garrison maybe rice (optional) and enjoy it!
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved