|1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour||3/4 cup almonds|
|125 g butter||3/4 cup demerara sugar|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon||A small beaten egg|
- Previously preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the flour onto a baking sheet then place it in oven and toast the flour, shaking the baking sheet occasionally. Leave in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Toast the almonds until change color in a baking sheet. Now grind the almonds until they are finely ground.
- The temperature of the oven should be reduced to 130 degrees.
- Cream the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the flour, finely ground almonds and beaten egg, and then combine all ingredients. The best way to mix the dough is with your hands.
- Place a baking parchment on a work surface. Press the dough together to form a ball. Then flatten it down to about 1/2 inch thickness on the paper.
- Use a Christmas cutter to cut out 2” rounds. With a small spatula move carefully the biscuits to a baking sheet for baking. Bake the biscuits on ungreased baking sheet for 25 or 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow biscuits to cool completely before removing them.
Spanish Christmas Recipes Videos: