“That Work” – SLG is all about how to make a few dollars (or more than a few dollars) from your blog. Around 9 months after starting my first blog I began to experiment with a variety of income generating ideas that I suspected would be suitable for blogging. Over the past 18 months I’ve built these revenue streams to a level that I am now making a full time living from blogging.
This site is a place where I share what I’ve learnt. My archives are full of ideas, experiments, lessons and tips. Let me point you in the direction of some starting points if you’re interested in learning what I’ve discovered.
- Blogging for Dollars – This is an article I originally wrote back when I first started experimenting with making money from blogs. I’ve learnt a lot more since but it is a good introduction to the topic.
- Adsense – This is my Adsense category where I keep all my tips and news on this contextual advertising program. Adsense is the main way I earn an income from my blogging. If you want a good starting point for learning how to use it on your blog check out this first part of a series I’ve written on Adsense for Bloggers.
- Affiliate Programs – Affiliate programs are where you link to products that others are selling – in return you usually get a small percentage of any sales. Amazon has a popular affiliate program that you might want to check out but there are hundreds of others also.
- Advertising – this is where I keep news and tips on other forms of advertising (apart from Adsense. There are many ways of advertising on your site ranging from selling text links, running private banner and skyscraper ads, using systems like BlogAds or Fast Click.
- RSS – RSS feeds are one of the most exciting and fastest growing aspects of Blogging. The race is on to provide easy ways to monetise these feeds.
- Other Income Streams – there are many other ways to earn an income from blogging. Every week it seems someone is trying something else. These methods range from selling your blog, blog consulting, writing books, selling subscriptions to your blog, asking for donations, auctioning yourself as a blogger on Ebay etc.