Turron Doña Pepa
- 5 cups flour
- 1 Cup butter
- 3 Egg yolks
- 5 Tablespoons anise water (concentrated)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Ball molasses (550 grams equivalent)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 Luquet orange (no white part)
- 6 Cloves
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix them with the butter.
- Incorporate the egg yolks and the anise water.
- Work the dough with your hands until it gets smooth. At this point, form rolls of about 18 cm long and 1 cm diameter with it.
- Place the rolls on a previously greased baking tin (make sure to leave a small space of separation between one another).
- Bake the dough (175 ºC / 350ºF) for a space of 25 minutes, until it acquires a light brown color. Leave to cool, afterward.
- Gather all the ingredients allocated for the honey, and boil them together for a space of 40 minutes to 113 ° C (238 ° F) until the mixture has turned into a soft ball (in case you do not own a candy thermometer, you can fill a glass with cold water and let a drop of honey fall into it, taking notice whether or not a soft ball forms once into it. Leave to cool.
- Take the baking tin with the previously laid rolls (one beside the other) on it, and start pouring the honey on top of it.
- Repeat the latter operation by placing an additional layer of rolls (again: one beside the other), but this time transversal to the previous layer, and covering it with honey as well.
- A final third layer should be added in a similar fashion (this time utilizing all the remaining honey).
- Colored sweets can be sprinkled on top of everything, as a decorative option.
© 2007-2016 - All Rights Reserved