Squid with potatoes
Check here potato nutrition facts and Information.
- 1 kg. of clean and cut-up squid
- 1 kg. of potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 chopped chives
- Chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- First, put a few olive oils, the garlic cloves, the chopped chives and salt into a pan and cook the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Add the squid, the white wine and an extra pinch of salt. Now, cover the pan and let cook it for approximately 45 minutes.
- While the stew is getting done, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 cm slices. Preheat a pan with oil for a few minutes and then brown the potatoes there, in a way that these catch color, but remain slightly firm inside.
- Once the potatoes are fried, add them to the squid stew and let them soak in the juice until they finish cooking themselves. This should take at least 20 minutes. Finally add a pinch more salt.
- After cooking, the squid and potatoes need to be tender; and the stew should not be neither too soupy nor too thick. If the latter were the case, a touch of white wine or water should fix things. On the other hand, if the stew turns out to be too light, break and crush some potatoes for the starch contained in them.
- Before serving, give the whole mixture a slight boil and sprinkle it with chopped parsley.
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved