Chicken in sherry sauce
- 1 chicken jointed
- 150 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 150 ml sherry
- 100 g ham (slices)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c defatted chicken stock
- Mix the flour with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken and shake off any excess.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole dish before adding the chicken pieces and browning them for a space of 5 minutes. Remove to a dish.
- Chop the onion and the ham, and slice the mushrooms.
- Lower the heat before adding the garlic, the onion, the ham and the mushrooms and sautéing the whole mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Return chicken to casserole dish, complete the preparation adding sherry, chicken stock and one or two bay leaves, gently simmering everything for 5 minutes.
- Finally season with salt and pepper and cover and simmer until the chicken is tender (approximately 20 more minutes).
People who enjoy eating chicken but want to maintain a healthy weight may want to know how many calories in chicken
are from fat or how much protein they consume in one serving. The answer depends on a few factors.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved