- 1 kg chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 50g cured ham
- 4 red peppers (pimientos del piquillo), chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced or grated then grinded into a paste with salt
- 1 large tomato
- A sprig fresh of parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of rosemary, finely chopped
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- If using dried chickpeas soak overnight and then boil the next day in a pressure cooker for around 10 min or boil for 1 hour in a pan. Then drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Remove the skin and pips of the tomato, following this cut into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- In the same bowl place the red peppers, however if you can't find the spanish pimientos you will need to roast the red peppers for about 20 min and then remove the veins and cut into strips.
- Add to the preparation the cured ham and the hard boiled eggs, both cut into small squares. Put all the other ingredients: herbs, garlic and spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add the chickpeas to the salad and garnish with fresh parsley. Now enjoy it!
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved