|6 cups whole almonds, blanched and ground
||4 cups sugar
|2 cup water
||4 egg whites, lightly beaten
|5-6 tbsp powdered sugar
||2 tsp vanilla
Remember that a medium egg white contains about 16 to 20 calories. The exact amount of calories in an egg white depends on the size of the egg and the cooking method.
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan, let dissolve the sugar.
- Let boil the liquid mixture without stirring until the temperature reaches 230º or 240º F, measure the temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and beat until mixture turns slightly cloudy.
- Once make that, add the ground almonds, the vanilla and the eggs, and Cook over low heat for approximately 5 minutes or until mixture pulls away from sides of saucepan
- Turn the mixture onto a surface or table that previously has been sprinkled with some of the powdered sugar.
- Knead the mixture until smooth. Pull off pieces and roll into balls. Wrap in foil or wax paper and store in airtight container.
- Make figures with different shapes, you can tint the dough using vegetable dye.
Spanish Christmas Recipes Videos:
© 2007-2019 - All Rights Reserved