7 Great Tips on How to Write a Winning Personal Essay
So, you need to write a personal essay, but it's either your first time or you don't know very well how to make it better than your previous ones? You start surfing the internet and find lots of articles and guides that offer you lots of advice. And you start to get confused and think about making somebody else write your personal essay for you. You are lost and confused.
Not anymore! Our article will give you clear and easy pieces of advice that will improve your essay tremendously! However, if you don't want to put in your time and effort, you can always use a service like "UK essay buy" and have professional writers compose your essay for you. In any case, our article will explain to you:
- How to make it interesting for others to read
- What to include within it
- How to find out if your essay is really good
Best Tips and Advice on Writing Your Ideal Personal Essay That Makes People Want to Read ItBefore we get started, let's clarify what a personal essay is. A personal essay is a personal narrative in which the author describes some personal incident or experience that has a huge meaning to him or her and is some sort of an important lesson that he or she learnt.
Or it can be just a personal opinion about something that interests the writer. That may be a topic or issue of any kind. Ok, now that we know WHAT a personal essay is, we should proceed in finding out HOW to write it well.
- Pay Attention to the Prompt. Most universities or any other organizations will definitely give you a prompt. It will contain information and piece of advice on what you should write about and what questions are expected to be answered. Whoever will read your personal essay will definitely check if the answers to the questions in prompt are included. Keep that in mind.
- Choose the Best Topic. The topic is the first thing you think about when you start writing your personal essay. And it determines what you will write about. Let me give you a hint: people are interested in reading something that is related to them, something that happened in their life and had a crucial influence on what made them as they are today. For example, falling in love, overcoming an obstacle, facing a fear, making a hard choice - it's something that must have happened in everyone's life. It'll trigger everyone and thus make them interested in reading further.
- Plan Your Topic. You should make a plan of your essay. It will not only help you not to get distracted, but it will also make writing your personal essay much easier since you will have a plan to follow.
- Don't Write About GPA, Test Scores and So On. This is not a list of your achievements; it's your personal essay - it's where you get creative and describe some stories or events that had a major impact on your life. And also, admission officers will get all of those results separately, so it makes no sense to write the same information again.
- Be Yourself - Show Diversity and Uniqueness. Those who will read your essay receive lots of essays all the time. That's why they're already bored with all clichés and similarities. You don't want to make them bored. Tell an interesting story, a story that you yourself will like. Your essay must stand out from all those hundreds and maybe even thousands of other essays. Another good advice is to make it entertaining or a bit funny. If people love to read your essay, they will also start to like you. And that will be your victory.
- Make It Simple. Make your essay easy to read and simple to understand. Avoid using a sophisticated vocabulary that even you can barely understand or read. Try to be succinct or laconic. People will value your essay much more if they see that you care about them and don't waste their time. This way you will earn the affection or approval of the ones who read your essay - and thus you will make your chances of being accepted much higher.
- Ask Other People to Read It. The best way to find out how the committee will react to your essay is to give your essay to somebody else to read before submitting it. It can be anyone - your parents, friends, neighbors, etc. Judging from their reaction, it will be easy for you to predict the reaction of admission officers. Also, pay attention to their advice on how to make your personal essay better. It will help you a lot and save your time.
ConclusionAnd one final tip for you - when you submit your essay - don't worry and don't panic. Firstly, it doesn't help. Secondly, you know you've done your best. Finally, if you've followed all the tips of this article, you must have written your perfect essay where no one will object to anything.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved